I’m going to have to give it a work in progress name, but its a bit difficult without even knowing what dome I’m doing!
But anyway, I picked up the CNC’d styrene kit at R2UK this weekend, and decided to get a picture of everything I’ve gathered so far:
So here you can see:
- Styrene kit, which includes:
- Motors (Q85), tyres, and Speed Controller (ODrive)
- Power distribution (fuses, wires, switches, relays)
- Amp and speakers
- Raspberry Pi
- DC-DC power convertors.
I’ve also bought cells for another battery, which will be identical (a little more capacity) to R2’s current one. That way they can be switched.
Hopefully I’ll be able to make a start on something this weekend. My first main jobs will be:
- Motor conversion – The Q85s have to have their clutch frozen and rims turned down
- Electronics mount – I want all the electronics to be removable for ease of maintenance
- Frame – Actually put the frame together
So, watch this space for which I decide to do.